Most commonly, for any computer or Laptop, the IP address will be 192.168.1.254. This particular address is referred to as private IP address. It is a default IP address that has a default username as well as the password for a new router. By using these login details, the users will stay secured from inapplicable internet connections. In some cases, people might be unable to remember their router’s password or username. In such a case, It is a pretty tough task to determine the password. If you don’t have any of the login details, It becomes challenging to access the internet from any of the devices. Check How to Change the Router Password through 192.168.1.254 IP below.
In such a situation, you can get assistance from this website as we provide appropriate solutions to your queries. We have copious methods to access the internet by finding out the password. Otherwise, you can simply alter the password of your router. In this post, you can find a detailed tutorial on how to change the router password and username of 192.168.1.254 IP address.
What is 192.168.1.254 IP Address?
The IP address 192.168.1.254 is a default IP address accredited to different broadband modems or routers. It is moderately doubting for the people to alter the IP address of a router. With an intention to assist our readers, we have presented the secure methods to reset username and password of a router. Take a look!
Most frequently, the folks at the residence or the offices use routers and modems with an IP address as 192.168.1.1. In some consequences, this particular IP address code may not work properly. In such a circumstance, the users can access the IP address as 192.168.1.254.
This selective IP address code helps the users to obtain the router access on new devices. The IP address 192.168.1.254 permits the users to access the default IP address settings. This will ultimately fix the default Router IP address issue.
What are the Ways to Change the Router Password and Username?
This article explains three different methods that help the users to reset and change the router password and username with much ease. Check it here!
Method 1: Reset & Change the Router Password and Username
In this article, we have provided the easy method to reset your router and alter the password and username of a router. Follow the simple steps provided below:
- If you are incompetent to access the setup page of your router, you can implement this method.
- You can even use this method to reset the password whenever you have forgotten the password or username.
- For resetting your router, you need to navigate to the default factory settings.
- All you need to do is to simply press and hold the Reset button present on the router for at least 10 seconds.
- The field for default username of your router should be left unfilled.
- You will be able to reset or change your router’s password and username after this process.
Method 2: Check your Router’s User Manual
The best method to change the router password or reset the username and password of your router is to view the user manual of your router. On the manual, the users can find the IP address, username as well as password of the router. The default IP address of your router is 126.96.36.199.
This particular code might alter in some situations. You need to type the default IP address in the search space of the browser. Later, enter the default username and password in the relevant fields. It then allows the users to reset and change the login details of the router.
Method 3: Router Password Reset through Setup
Follow the simple steps provided below in this method to reset your router’s password through the web page setup:
- Go to the setup page from your device.
- You need click the Administration tab and hit Factory Defaults option appeared on the screen.
- Under this section, you must hit the option ‘Restore Factory Defaults’.
- Once you are done with resetting the router to the default settings, you can reconfigure the device depending on the network connection.
Default Usernames and Passwords of Routers:
Here, we have compiled a list of usernames and passwords that are the default to different routers and branded modems:
|Aztech||“admin”, “user”, or blank||“admin”, “user”, or blank|
|Billion||“admin” or “admin”||“admin” or “password”|
|Motorola||“admin” or blank||“password”, “motorola”, “admin”, “router”, or blank|
|Netopia||“admin”||“1234”, “admin”, “password” or blank|
|Thomson||blank||“admin” or “password”|
|Westell||“admin” or blank||“password”, “admin”, or blank|
How to Find Router IP Address Using TCP Software?
For some routers, you may not find the default IP address. In such a case, you can access the internet and find the IP address through command prompt. Follow the below procedure to find the IP address of your router via TCP software.
- First of all, type config in the search field of your desktop device.
- The command prompt window displays on the screen wherein you can find the IP address just below the Default Gateway command.
- To run that particular command on your Windows laptop or computer, just press and hold the keys ‘Windows + R.
- In case, you are operating on Linux device, you must press the keys Ctrl + Alt + T.
- If you are using a Mac device, you need to go to Applications >> Utilities >> Terminal.
- Then, type ‘ipconfig’ in the respective field and tap the option ‘Return’.
- You can immediately see the default IP address of your router.
- This makes it easy for the users to reset the IP address of their router.
How to Change the Router Configuration Admin Password?
On the administration set up a page of the router, you need to enter the default password of the router. In general, the default password of a router is the admin. On that page, you need to keep the username field blank without entering any name. Most of the people suggest the users alter their default password of the router in order to stay secure and protected from vulnerable hackers. For altering the router’s password via the setup page on the web browser, Just check the process provided below:
- Navigate to the router’s setup page from your browser’s web page.
- Just tap the ‘Administration’ tab appeared on the top right corner of the page.
- Under the ‘Management’ section, you need to enter the router password twice for confirmation.
- At last, hit the option that says ‘Save Settings’.
- This is the easy process to reset and alter the password of your router.
How to Alter Router’s IP Address?
If in case, there is a trouble in altering the router’s username and password, there is a possibility to simply alter the router’s IP address. The IP address codes are usually private only for the IPv4 address. Whenever needed, you can change the default IP address 192.168.1.254.
By reading the important instructions on the router, you can change the IP address. In order to access the web control panel, you need to provide the essential credentials to log in. In the browser’s window, you need to enter the router’s IP address. For that, just go to LAN Settings and change the same depending on your choice. Just navigate to the DHCP Settings and type the new IP address in the provided field.
192.168.1.254 Bridge Mode:
Check the below procedure to set your router to bridge mode for the IP address 192.168.1.254:
- Initially, access your default web browser and enter the IP address as 192.168.1.254 in the URL address bar.
- On the next web page, You need to tap the option that reads ‘Advanced Setup’.
- The users can then pick the option i.e., ‘bridge mode’.
- You need to provide the username and the password which was already given by the ISP for the 192.168.1.254 IP address.
- In just a few seconds, you can save and reboot the router.
- Just access the web page of the router through the same IP address.
- You need to check whether there are issues with the network connection and speed.
Router Configuration through 192.168.1.254 IP Address:
The users need to configure their router using the IP address 192.168.1.254. For the procedure, you can follow the simple steps provided below:
- First of all, access your default browser i.e., Internet Explorer.
- In the URL bar of your browser’s web page, you need to enter the IP address as 192.168.1.254 or type http://192.168.1.254.
- On the next page, provide the details like the default password and username in the given empty fields.
- Just tap Enter and hit the ‘Advanced Setup’ from the menu.
- Enter the Internet Service Provider name in the respective box.
- You need to pick the options like Bridge Mode or PPPOE.
- Enter the login details as given by the Internet Service Provider.
- Finally, save and reboot your router.
Setup WEP/WPA Security Key Using 192.168.1.254 IP Address:
If you are struggling hard to set up the WEP/WPA Security key then, we are here to help you, readers. Using the 192.168.1.254 IP address, it is pretty simple to do this setup. Follow the easy steps provided below:
- At first, you need to access your default web browser.
- Type 192.168.1.254 in the URL bar of your browser.
- On the next window, you can find the page wherein you must provide the login credentials.
- Just type the username and password to login to the router.
- Go to Menu which appears on the left side panel of the same page.
- Select the ‘Security’ option from the drop-down menu present on the left side of the page.
- You need to give a strong security key to your router in the provided field.
- Just save and restart your router to get appropriate network signals.
So, this was a tutorial on how to change the router password and 192.168.1.254 IP Default configuration settings. If you have any issue then don’t hesitate comment below.